From turbines to boats our clients trust us to move their special or abnormal loads safely and quickly throughout the UK and Europe.
Our team of experts can arrange site surveys, route planning, road permits, road closures and escort vehicles. This combined with our specialist drivers means that we can provide a complete service from start to finish. Some of the services our specialist transportation team provide are:
- Machinery transport
- Collection, loading and unloading
- Route planning and logistics
- Escort vehicles
- Placing loads into final positions
As a specialist heavy haulage provider we have an extensive range of equipment that we utilise in line with the needs of the job. We have extendable trailers with rear steering to ease access to tight delivery points for items up to 90 feet in length. We have low loaders with removable necks for carrying plant and semi-low loaders for carrying over-length and over-height items, also with rear steering.
In addition to our specialist equipment we have general haulage trailers, flats and curtain-siders, and we use ramp semi-low loaders for carrying forklift trucks and access equipment for our own projects as well as for our clients. We can also provide Hiab equipped rigids and trailers with a maximum lift of 10000kgs, reducing the need for forklifts on site.
Finally we offer temporary storage at our facilities throughout Europe providing our clients with additional flexibility.
We offer a comprehensive range of plant for hire with industrial forklifts trucks ranging from 2.5 tonnes to 27 tonnes capacity.
As one of Europe’s leading machinery installation and machine moving experts we understand the importance of having the right equipment for the job. This is why we offer our clients a vast range of plant equipment and unrivalled professional advice and service.
As well as providing the physical equipment we also provide highly trained and experienced operators who know how to utilise the plant machinery safely and efficiently in a variety of different operational environments. The plant available includes:
- Industrial forklift trucks (LPG & Diesel) with various mast / jib specifications and extended forks ranging from 2.5 to 12 tonnes
- 25/35 and 40/60 Versa-Lift with lift capacity up to 27 tonnes, telescopic frame and extendible counterweights
- Hydraulic gantries with lifting capacities ranging from 100 to 500 tonnes
With rentals are available on short term or long term hire.
As well as new machinery installation Clarkson Industrial provides machinery moving and relocation services. From internal machine moving within a factory, to the relocation of entire production facilities to other countries, we have the experience, equipment and expertise to ensure the move of your plant and equipment goes smoothly. To date we have conducted machine installation projects in over 45 countries.
Over the last 150 years we have grown as a company and built an unrivalled knowledge of the requirements of successful machine moving. Our experience enables us to identify and troubleshoot any potential problems before they occur. This expertise together with our desire to undertake your project safely and securely means that we are the service provider of choice.
Specific installation service
- Decommissioning of existing machinery, including removal of services and disconnection of electrical and mechanical connections
- Removal of walkways, access platforms and other infrastructure
- Removal of floor fixings
- Dismantling of machinery including documenting the process and marking components if re-assembly is required
- Packing machinery depending on transport requirements
- Heavy lifting to remove machinery utilising our fleet of cranes, hydraulic gantries, forklifts, versa lifts and twin lifts
- Removal and loading onto transportation as necessary
- Transportation to its new location both nationally and internationally, including managing any road permits and so on
- Unloading at destination and re-installation if required (see machinery installation